If you already know that you always want to use a specific carrier for specific terms (like a specific zone), you can save time and avoid the rates’ comparison thanks to the setting of an automatic rule.
Once set up this rule, during the creation of labels, ShippyPro will show automatically only the rate of that carrier.
To set up an automatic rule of assignation, you have to click on the page Carriers>Connection.
A screen will open, where it is possible to add one rule next to every carrier. The conditions on which are based these rules are:
– Destination country (for example, if you want to use only this carrier for shipments in Canada)
– Weight ranges (for example, if you want to use only this carrier for shipment up to 2 kg)
– Order value (for example, if you want to use this fast service for shipment with value up to € 250,00)
– Amount paid by the client for the shipment (for example, if you want to use this economic carrier for orders with free shipping)
– Shipment method (for example, if you want to use this carrier for shipments marked as “urgent”)
These rules can be also combined (for example, you want to use just a carrier for shipment up to 2kg toward Canada)
It is important to keep in mind that once set the rule, it will be shown only the carrier that presents those conditions in one of his rules.
So, if a carrier will not appear in the range comparison, it is possible that it presents rules that do not include it.